(WORK, STUDY, FAMILY REUNIFICATION, VISIT, ETC. FOR MORE THAN 90 DAYS)
Applications can only be lodged at the Consulate in person where an interview takes place and biometrics are taken. However, passports and decisions on the residence permit applications can be collected by a person presenting a duly signed authorization by the applicant. It is also necessary to present a duly signed authorization if you would like to allow us to communicate with your Hungarian and/or local company/lawyer.
Requests for appointment shall be addressed to the Consulate via e-mail (email@example.com) indicating the
- applicant’s full name,
- passport expiry date,
- purpose of stay in Hungary (e.g. work, study, family reunification, etc.),
- planned travel date,
- applicant’s contact information (phone number, email),
- phone number, email of the Hungarian employer/university/family member,
- the agent’s contact information if applicable.
It is advisable to send the documentation beforehand so the Consulate them. Please make sure that one document is not bigger than 450 KB and one e-mail is not larger than 2 MB, otherwise it will bounce back.
Applications are assessed by the Consulate and sent to the Hungarian Immigration and Asylum Office within a week, if all documents are in order and complete. The processing time of the Immigration Office depends on the purpose of travel (ie. 3 weeks for study permits but 3 months for work permits). You will be notified on the decision by e-mail of the Consulate. Please be advised that during this time the Consulate has no access to your case and thus will not be able to give answer to enquiries regarding state or outcome of the procedure.
- application form duly filled and signed in English or Hungarian (www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en) Special rules apply for minors.
- passport which validity shall extend at least 18 months after the intended date of arrival to Hungary. It should be machine readable, contain at least two blank pages and should be not older than 10 years.
- one passport-size photo not older than 3 months. Please note that the photos have to be color and all facial details are clearly visible. Glasses are not allowed.
- NBI or police clearance not older than 30 days.
- residence permit handling fee of PHP 3601 in 2019 to be paid AFTER your interview at any BDO bank. Please bring back the payment slip before 4 PM same day to ensure smooth registration of your payment.
- supporting documents according to the purpose of travel (see the following section).
Documents checklist for the main residency types
- signed preliminary work contract indicating company name, employee name, duration of contract, position, salary, place of work;
- signature specimen of the person signing the contract on behalf of the company (30 napnál nem régebbi aláírási címpéldány);
- excerpt from the company registry (30 napnál nem régebbi cégkivonat);
- list of benefits if any (ie. accommodation, meal, plane ticket, travel in Hungary, travel insurance, provision for subsistence for the first month, etc.). They can be included into the preliminary work contract or described in a separate signed declaration by the employer;
- proof of benefits for accommodation (excerpt from the land registry, owner’s agreement, contract of lease, hotel booking), 3 months bank history etc.;
- valid certificate of permission to employ a foreigner (igazolás munkaerőigény bejelentéséről);
- details of the contact person at the employer (name, position, e-mail, telephone);
- proof of the applicant’s qualifications (diplomas, certificates), language skills, similar job experience(s);
Please note, that once the applicant has the visa, a POEA travel clearance has to be obtained from the Philippines Overseas Employment Administration (www.poea.gov.ph). If a company would employ more than five person, the POEA requires to process the clearance through a licensed agency (http://www.poea.gov.ph/services/recruiters.html).
- certificate of admission to the educational institute, including confirmation of completed payment of tuition and other fees (or tuition fee waiver);
- proof of the applicant’s qualifications (diplomas, certificates) with Apostille authentication (to be obtained from DFA Authentication Division);
- proof of language skills;
- proof of sufficient resources to cover means of subsistence in Hungary (own or family member’s income or assets for tuition fee, accommodation, return travel, healthcare). According to Hungarian law, only close family members can provide financial assistance for studies that is spouses, parents, grandparents and siblings (valid marriage, birth, etc. certificates are to be presented). The Immigration Office will not accept assistance from uncles, nieces, friends, colleagues. In case of company or educational institute providing for finance, a valid contract has to be submitted. Documents can be:
- a certificate on the payment of scholarship grant,
- funds held on bank accounts, etc.
- In case of affidavit of support or contract, proof of ability to provide support shall be provided (6 months bank history);
- proof of accommodation (ie. lease agreement, or dormitory acceptance letter, etc.);
- proof of health care (provided by the school or insurance company);
- two way plane ticket reservation (or sufficient funds to finance the flight).
- for Stipendium Hungaricum students visa, tuition, insurance fee is waived, support for accommodation and daily living is provided.
3. Family reunion
As of January 1, 2019 applications have to be submitted at the Consulate and not at the Imigration of Hungary!
- birth/ marriage/adoption certificate, duly registered in Hungary;
- in case of foreigner national family member with the right of residence in Hungary: copy of the residence permit;
- proof of means of subsistence in Hungary, that is that the lawful income or assets can cover the living expenses of the family, including accommodation, return travel, and if necessary, healthcare. Documents can be:
- a notarised statement made by the family member providing support to the applicant;
- proof of the family member’s ability to provide such support (6 months bank history, employers certificate, latest income certificate issued by the tax authority for the family member and/or for the applicant);
- proof of Hungarian accommodation:
- letter of invitation with official endorsement by the Immigration of Hungary or;
- a notarised statement by a family member providing lodging to the applicant or;
- proof of ownership with the excerpt from the real estate registry (minimum 6 square meters of living space per person) or a commercial or other accommodation, lease contract, courtesy accommodation;
- a real estate sales contract and a copy of the decision of the competent Budapest or county government agency granting permission for the acquisition of a real estate property;
- proof of comprehensive health insurance: with the social security system or with private insurance company.
- proof of conditions of exit
- valid passport and/or permits necessary for the third-country national for returning to his/her country of origin, or to the country he/she indicates;
- valid ticket for departure, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket, or a means of transport lawfully used by the third-country national.
Please be advised that individual circumstances can vary to a large extend, so the Consulate or the Immigration Office may request further documents to be submitted.
BEAR IN MIND THAT BECAUSE OF THE THREAT OF ILLEGAL MIGRATION AND TRAFFICKING OF PERSONS, ALL AUTHORITIES DURING THE VISA PROCEDURE ARE CLOSELY OBSERVING AND MONITORING WHETHER THE FAMILY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABILISHED ONLY TO OBTAIN A RESIDENCY PERMIT. IN CASE OF ABUSE OR FRAUD THE APPLICATION WILL BE REFUSED AND CRIMINAL AND/OR IMMIGRATION SANTCTION WILL BE APPLIED.